Here are the names of Coaches for next Season for AAA teams (except Bantam and Minor Midget). Bios for each are included.
Minor Atom – Erik Abayof email
- Erik played AAA hockey in the GTA through his minor hockey career and went on to compete at the Tier 2 Jr. A level. Erik brings 2 years of experience on both the Novice White and Novice Black Hawks bench. He also has helped coach with the Cambridge Roadrunners rep hockey program for the past 3 seasons. Erik has coached with the Cambridge Chiefs Lacrosse association for the past two years, and has recently been named Head Coach for the Novice 1 Lacrosse team for 2019.
Atom – Matt Gardner email
- Matt lives in North Dumfries with his wife and two children. Matt has been active in competitive hockey playing at a high level including time with the Goderich Sailors (Jr.C). Matt has also attained a level 3 certification as an Official and has volunteered to coach minor hockey and several other sports.
Minor Peewee - Martin Tell email
- Martin returns next season to continue developing our young athletes through fair play and instilling a strong work ethic. Martin has played a high level of hockey all his life which included play at the Jr B level. Martin has grown his coaching experience by being a head coach, assistant and trainer. He has also volunteered to coach various sports in Cambridge.
Peewee – Scott Ball email
- Scott is no stranger to the Cambridge hockey system growing up playing home-grown hockey. Scott worked his way at high levels and enjoyed time with the Kitchener Dutchman (JrB) and the Ayr Centennials (JrC). Scott has been involved as a minor hockey coach for over 15 years and has experience coaching players in various other sports.
Minor Bantam – Ken Jeysman email
- Ken is a retired Police officer of 31 years who has experience coaching everything from Tyke to being Head Coach for Jr.A hockey. Ken has enjoyed success coaching and managing at very high levels including the Cambridge Winterhawks (Jr.B / GOJHL), the Dixie Beehives (Jr.A / Toronto), the Burlington Cougars (Jr.A / OJHL) and several other teams.
Bantam - Matt Bartlett (Head Coach) email
- Matt grew up in Cambridge, Ontario and Played AAA with the Cambridge Minor Hockey system. Matt went on to play Tier 2 Jr. A and Jr. B for the Milton Merchants, Trenton Sting, and Cambridge Winterhawks respectfully. During his tenure with the Winterhawks Matt was part of the team who were Cherry and Sutherland Cup champion. Matt has spent the last 5 years coaching across various levels within the Cambridge Minor Hockey system to much success.
Tony Blyde (Assistant Coach)
- Grew up in Cambridge, Ontario and played AAA with the Cambridge Minor Hockey system. He played a year with the New Hamburg Firebirds, 3 years with the Kitchener Dutchmen and a year with the Waterloo Siskins. Following Junior hockey he played 2 years of Sr A hockey with the Elora Rocks. Tony has been involved with assisting a Minor Atom A team and currently an Assistant Coach with the Bantam MD team in Cambridge.
Erick MacKinnon (Assistant Coach)
Grew up in Ayr playing his minor hockey in the Cambridge Hawks AAA system. Following minor hockey he played 5 years of Junior in Paris with the Mounties where he spent 4 as a captain. Erich was hired as an interim head coach of Paris in 2011/2012 before being named Head Coach the following season and held the position until 2014. In 2013/2014 Erich was the NDJHL Coach of the Year. Erich also spent time as an assistant coach with the Ayr Centennials and an independent evaluator for various camps throughout Ontario.
Minor Midget - Ryan D'Arcy email
- Ryan has a vast and wide range of playing and coaching experience. Ryan was recruited out of Jr. Hockey after playing with the Notre Dame Hounds and received a NCAA scholarship to Western Michigan University. Once Ryan finished playing NCAA hockey an opportunity arose to play professionally in Europe. His career enabled him to play in Italy and Switzerland and an opportunity to play with the Canadian Olympic Team. Once his playing career was over Ryan ventured into a prestigious coaching carrier which includes, Jr. B, Jr. A, US College and CIS
Ryan has also worked with NHL players with on-ice instruction at the Biosteel Camp as well with the Toronto Maple Leafs in their pre-season training seasons.
Ryan has an extensive list of contacts to CHL (Major Junior) and NCAA coaches and staff that has allowed him to promote a number of players to the next level.
Ryan’s experience of playing and coaching at all levels offers a tremendous amount of
knowledge for our Minor Midget AAA program this coming season