Cambridge Minor Hockey continues to work with Public Health in dealing with COVID-19 and the effects of the Omicron variant. CMHA also takes into consideration the recommendations and protocols of the Provincial Government, Region of Waterloo and the City of Cambridge when determining best practices for continuing the playing of games and practices. We will continue to keep our members informed of the current situation and when changes occur.
In the meantime, we have the following recommendations.
· Due to the exponential growth of Omicron and the multiple cases being seen across the region and province we are asking that non-hockey related activities be cancelled as well as off-ice training)
· Enhance hand hygiene and cleaning/sanitizing when you have case activity (alcohol based hand rub should be 70-90% alcohol, provide to participants if not available at the facility in common areas like the change room)
· Wear masks at all times except when engaged in sports (masks to be worn in change rooms and hallways)
· Provide regular education and monitoring for participant compliance with masking policy (management oversight and education/expectations outlined for all)
· Refrain from carpooling to/from games and practices.
· We continue to encourage participants to get fully vaccinated
· Continue to follow city guidelines with respect to building entry and regress and social distancing.
Please continue to monitor the website and other social media platform for the most up to date information as this is a very fluid situation and not all decisions are solely that of CMHA.