Cambridge Minor Hockey is looking to appoint a Director of Hockey Development. Below is a description of the duties as well as the qualifications required for this position.
Director of Hockey Development Shall:
a. Be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of a coach and player development program for the association.
b. Serve as the chairperson on the on the coach and player development committee.
c. Will work in conjunction with VP of Travel, Jr VP of Travel and Supervisor of MD coaches to implement and monitor a coach mentor-ship model.
d. Recruit and train volunteers, to perform the functions required for technical development.
e. Arrange and implement yearly coach development clinics.
f. Have an in depth knowledge of Hockey Canada's development models and current development programs.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and managerial skills, high ethical standards and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills and computer skills
- Knowledge of Hockey Canada model/structure
- Strong positive coaching education & background, recognized hockey coaching/technical experience and expertise
- Minimum coaching certification - Development 1 certified
Board appointed position
Term: 2 Years
Email resume to: [email protected] or [email protected]
Closing date: July 28, 2022