The Galt Minor Hockey School INITIATION PROGRAM has 5 levels for children ages 3 and up.
The season runs from September to March. Registration for Learn to Skate, Learn to Play, U7 cross-ice and U8 half-ice (formerly known as Tyke) is available online at www.cambridgeminhockey.com beginning June 1st
1. Learn to Skate (ages 3 and up)
This program is strictly skating lessons, there is no hockey played at this level. Full hockey equipment is not required for the Learn to Skate program, only a CSA approved helmet with face mask and neck protector are mandatory. Equipment list and
cost found on CMHA website.
2. Learn to Play (4-6 years of age)
Basics - is skating and puck handling skills along with the introduction to hockey fundamentals. Throughout the season, this program’s emphasis is on progressing to higher level skating and puck control drills.
Advanced - is for the more advanced skaters with more advanced drills.
By having the 2 different levels in Learn to Play, we can open up the ice and in turn get more 1 on 1 instruction for the participants. There is the opportunity for players to move up a level if the Instructors feel it will benefit the player. Cost found on CMHA website.
3. U7 – Cross-Ice (6 years of age)
This program focuses on skating, skill development and small area games. Teams play Saturday Cross Ice Hockey games for the season. Instructors show video and teach lessons on a plastic rink in our unique classroom each Saturday before their ice time. Practices are on Tuesday nights.
4. U8 – Half-Ice(7 years of age)This program focuses on skating, skill development and small area games. Teams play Half Ice Hockey games on Saturdays for the season. Instructors show video and teach lessons on a plastic rink in our unique classroom each Saturday before their ice time. Practices are on Monday nights.The emphasis of the both U7 & U8 programs is having fun while learning the great game of hockey.
21 week program, twice per week. Cost found on CMHA website.
Galt Minor Hockey School holds two Power Skating Sessions. They are held on Wednesday nights at Dickson Arena from 6-7pm. This program is geared for 6-9 year olds and players must be registered with CMHA for the current season.
Session 1 – OCTOBER to DECEMBER
Session 2 – JANUARY to MARCH
The cost for power skating is $100.00 per 10 week session.
Power Skating Registration
Registration for Power Skating will be held during the Galt Minor Hockey School’s sweater pick up day the week before our season’s first ice time.
· CSA Approved Helmet
· CSA Approved full face mask
· CSA Approved neck guard
· Elbow pads
· Shoulder pads
· Hockey gloves
· Pants & hockey socks
· Stick - straight or very little curve
*No player will be allowed on the ice without the proper equipment.